The one thing that a writer needs to become successful is for their supporters to know a bit about them. Doing this gives readers a more in-depth view into the person whom is creating stories that engage them. The more fans know about a writer, the more confident they feel about the work that comes from them.
In celebration of the rapidly approaching 5 year anniversary of my writing career. Here are five things that you may not know.
- MY NAME CAN BE CONFUSING: In most situations, a writer has one pseudonym in which they are known by. Due to the setup of most social networks, Trina Lynne is what people see. So, I have no say so on the space in my name for most social media, articles and blog posts. However, my pen name is actually TrinaLynne without a space in the middle. This can be seen on work I publish as well as interviews I’ve given. It can be a bit confusing for supporters and fans. Don’t be alarmed; I won’t get upset if you use either one, but I prefer TrinaLynne.
- WRITING IS AWESOME BUT HELPING IS BETTER: Anyone who knows me is aware that I love to write. Truth be told, as much as I would like to be an accomplished writer, I would rather help others pursue their writing careers. Assisting others in their writing ventures is a passion of mine. I am able to see things that they don’t and give them another avenue they may not have considered traveling. I tend to spend the majority of my days assisting other writers. It may cut in to the time I spend writing my own works, but I truly don’t mind. If I can help mold a writer beyond what they expect, it is more satisfying than seeing my name in print.
- WRITING IS NOT MY ONLY LOVE: Many think that writing is my first love and passion in this world. You wouldn’t be wrong for assuming so. In actuality, however, music shares the number one spot with writing. When I was younger, aside from being a prolific writer, I wanted to also be a composer of music. Growing up, I sung and played the flute, piccolo, and baritone saxophone. While being prolific is high on my bucket list, composing a symphony is on the list as well. Also, if you didn’t know, I write songs. It allows me to put the two loves together. Oftentimes, while writing, music is playing in the background with selections that compliment the genre in which I’m working on. Words drive me but music helps me feel the words that I write.
- MANY HATS DON MY HEAD: I wear many hats. In my personal life, I am a teacher for my children in which I home school, an adviser for those younger than I, and a fighter for those who need to be protected from opposition(verbally, of course). In my professional life, I am an author, a poet, a journalist, a songwriter, a playwright, an editor, a proofreader, a consultant, a marketer, a debater, a speaker, an advocate, a comedian and all around businesswoman. There are so many ways to characterize myself and my abilities. The hats I wear day by day are a show of my many talents and the foundations on which I want to be remembered.
- IT’S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY: My career path has the capability of being quite lucrative if I put in the correct amount of work and effort. However, I could care less about money. I mean, of course I want to be able to financially take care of myself and my loved ones. Truth be told, it would mean so much more if I leave behind a positive memory rather than a pile of money. I strive to be remembered long after I perish and I want the future generations to know me as a positive voice in this world. Money runs out eventually but a prominent, positive legacy lives on forever.
That’s it for now. I hope you’ve learned some new things about me that give you a better understanding of who I am and what I set to carry out.
If you feel that you want to know more about me from reading this list, no worries. I’ll be sure to do another ‘Things You May Not Know’ soon.
By the way, now that you know some things about me, what are some things you want me to know about you? You never know, I could aid you in accomplishing your goals. As I said in #2, I love to help.
Until next time.